Cherokee Gun Club Will Accept Applications For The 12 Slots We Have Remaining On the Waiting List At The General Meeting March 3 From 5:00 PM Until 6:45 PM
INSTRUCTIONS FOR COMPLETING MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED AND TURNED IN TO THE MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY AT THE SAME MEETING AT WHICH THEY ARE RECEIVED. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE MAILED OR TAKEN FROM THE CLUB HOUSE
NO EXCEPTIONS, if these requirements are not met, your application will not be accepted. APPLICANTS MUST PROVIDE THEIR OWN COPIES (listed below) to be submitted with your application, CGC will not make any copies.
- Print all parts of the forms clearly and legibly.
- Applicants need to have two (2) CGC Members, who personally know them, sign their application and be with them when they present their application.
- Applicants need to provide copies of the following attached to their application, CGC will not make any copies for the applicant:
- Copy of current NRA Card
- Copy of current driver’s license
- Applicants 21 years of age or older must provide either a valid Weapons Carry Permit, Law Enforcement Credentials recognized by the State of Georgia or Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (Federal Law). Applicants between the ages of Eighteen (18) and Twenty-One (21) shall submit Certified Proof they have passed a criminal background check.
- Submit a non-refundable application fee in the form of a check made payable to Cherokee Gun Club for the amount of $100. This deposit will be applied to the Initiation Fee in effect at time membership is offered. If membership is offered at the time the applicant submits their application they shall pay the $1,000 Initiation Fee at that time. We can accept checks or a credit card for payment. NO CASH PLEASE.
NO EXCEPTIONS TO ANY OF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS
- As soon as the Application is accepted and approved, the applicant will be placed on the waiting list or offered membership, if there is no waiting list in effect at the time of application. At present we have 12 slots on the waiting list to fill. In order to make this process fair to everyone submitting an application, these openings will be determined by a lottery process.
Cherokee Gun Club Membership Application Lottery
In an effort to be fair to all applicants who wish to apply for membership in Cherokee Gun Club, the following lottery process will be followed.
Applications will be given to those who desire membership at the first and subsequent meetings where applications are taken as long as there are vacancies on the waiting list which is currently capped at 50.
A blank roster will be prepared beginning with numbers 1 through 100 with a space to write a name by each number. There will be a lottery jar with balls numbered from 1 to 100 for applicants to draw a number. As soon as an applicant submits their application and after it is reviewed for completeness and accuracy, the applicant will be asked to draw a numbered ball from the jar. Their name will then be placed on the roster corresponding to the number they drew. The used lottery balls will be placed in a separate container so they cannot be used again at the same meeting. This process will continue until all applicants have drawn a number and been placed on the roster. The person with the lowest number drawn will be the first one to be added to the bottom of the existing waiting list. The individual with the highest number will be the last on the waiting list. Once the waiting list reaches the maximum of 50 it will be closed and we will accept no more applications until vacancies occur.
This same process will be followed each and every time there is more than one applicant at a meeting to submit a membership application until the waiting list is filled to the established 50 maximum. Those applicants applying at subsequent meetings will be placed at the bottom of the existing waiting list on the date they submit their application. This process will continue until the maximum number allowed on the waiting list is reached.
All applicants must pay a $100 Application Fee, which will be applied to the Initiation Fee in effect at the time they are offered membership. At present the Initiation Fee is $1000, which includes the first year’s dues. Yearly Dues are currently $60/Year, plus a $250 ($25/hour) Work Hour Assessment, or perform 10 Hours Club related work. If you do not work it would be $310/year, or $60/year if you did 10 hours club related work.