Membership at CGC is currently full.
Effective December 19, 2017, the Board of Directors voted to freeze the membership waiting list and it is currently frozen. The waiting list currently stands at about 100 people. No applications will be accepted until this list drops below 75. To maximize our member’s enjoyment of our facilities, membership in the Cherokee Gun Club is limited to a maximum of 600 members, and we estimate approximately a 4 year wait for those at the bottom of the current list. The waiting list has a maximum number of 100. In other words, the waiting list is capped at a maximum of 100.
As openings become available, applicants are notified in the order that they were placed on the list. A hard copy of this list is available in the clubhouse. It appears that the Waiting List may drop below 75 sometime in late February of 2020. An Advance Notice will be placed on this page detailing when the Waiting List will be open again. Please check back again later.
Here are the qualifications for applying for CGC Membership
- Be a Citizen of the United States
- Shall submit a copy of your NRA membership.
- Submit a copy of your current driver’s license.
- Submit a copy of either a valid Weapons Carry Permit, Law Enforcement Credentials recognized by the State of Georgia, or Law Enforcement Officers safety Act [federal law].
- Submit a non-refundable $100 deposit, in the form of a check made payable to Cherokee Gun Club along with your application. This deposit will be applied to the initiation fee in effect at the time membership is offered.
(You will need to provide and bring copies of the above documents to attach to your application CGC will not make copies for you)
YOU WILL ALSO NEED TO HAVE TWO ( 2 ) CURRENT MEMBERS OF CGC, WHO PERSONALLY KNOW YOU SIGN YOUR APPLICATION. MEMBERSHIP APPLICATIONS MUST BE COMPLETED AND TURNED IN TO THE MEMBERSHIP SECRETARY AT THE SAME MEETING AT WHICH THEY ARE RECEIVED. NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE MAILED OR TAKEN FROM THE CLUB HOUSE.
Current New Membership Dues Are: $750 Initiation Fee, plus $60 First Year Dues ($810) payable at the time membership is offered.
Yearly Dues are $60/Year, plus a $250 ($25/hour) Work Hour Assessment, or perform 10 Hours Club related work. If you do not work it would be $310/year, or $60/year if you did club work.
Online Membership Renewals
Online Membership Renewals are available to current CGC Members. Details of how the process works will be included in the renewal package which will be mailed to the membership the first week of November, 2019.