Membership in Cherokee Gun Club is currently full at 650 members. The waiting list is currently at the maximum of 50. Consequently, we are not accepting any applications at this time.
It is anticipated that CGC will accept applications for the waiting list after the 2021 renewal cycle. This cycle will end in late January 2021 and we will accept applications for vacancies on the waiting list sometime in February 2021. Notices will be posted here on the CGC website advising specific dates and times that waiting list applications will be accepted.
All applicants must meet the following to become members of CGC:
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Shall submit a copy of their NRA Membership.
- Shall submit a copy of their current Driver’s License.
- 4. Applicants Twenty-one (21) years or older shall submit proof of a either a valid Weapons Carry Permit, Law Enforcement Credentials recognized by the State of Georgia or Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act (Federal Law). Applicants between the ages of Eighteen (18) and Twenty-one (21) years of age shall submit certified proof that they have passed a criminal background check.
- Submit a non-refundable $100 application fee. This application fee will be applied to the Initiation Fee in effect at time membership is offered. In special or rare circumstances, the Board of Directors may refund the application fee upon written request of the applicant.
- Undergo a Range Orientation by the Range Officer or his/her appointed designee sometime in the future.
- Complete and sign a Member Waiver of Liability form.
- The applicant must be accompanied by both sponsors at the time that the application is submitted to the Membership Secretary. Both sponsors must attest to the fact that they personally know the applicant and that the applicant is a Safe and Responsible gun owner.
- Applicants must bring copies of all required documents when application is submitted. (CGC) will not make copies of any documents for application.
All applicants must pay a $100 Application Fee, which will be applied to the Initiation Fee in effect at the time they are offered membership. At present the Initiation Fee is $1000, which includes the first year’s dues. Yearly Dues are currently $60/Year, plus a $250 ($25/hour) Work Hour Assessment, or perform 10 Hours Club related work. If you do not work it would be $310/year, or $60/year if you did 10 hours club related work.
CURRENT INFORMATION REGARDING MEMBERSHIP AVAILABILITY IN CHEROKEE GUN CLUB WILL BE POSTED ON THIS WEB PAGE.